|Photo by Sara Fogan|
Every now and then I like (and need) to take a few moments and remind myself about what is really important to me, in my life. If you follow me on my Calminsense Hypnotherapy Facebook page you may have seen some of these quotes before on this page, or will in the future. Many of these Quotes of the Day are beautiful examples and illustrations of the work I do as a hypnotherapist, so I will probably draw on them in future essays.
- “When you’re able to transcend an aversion to silence, you’ll also transcend many other miseries.” – Wayne Dyer
- “We all have two lives. The second one starts when we realize that we only have one.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Just because someone threw you into Lake Inferior doesn’t mean you have to keep swimming in it.” – Bruce Van Horn
- “A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone’s feelings unintentionally.” – Oscar Wilde
- “We can find common ground only by moving to higher ground.” – Jim Wallis
- “A dog can express more with his tail in seconds than his owner can express with his tongue in hours.” – Unknown
- “Your presence is hereby requested in your life.” – Lolly Daskal
- “Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.” – Søren Kierkegaar
- “Don't focus on what you can't control. If you do, you waste your focus – and your life.” – Bille Baty
- “You’ve got to say no to the things that don’t honor you. No to the things that don’t bring you joy. And you don’t have to explain your no.” – Iyanla Vanzant
Sara R. Fogan, C.Ht. is a certified hypnotherapist based in Southern California. She graduated with honors from the Hypnosis Motivation Institute in 2005. For more information about Calminsense Hypnotherapy® and to set up an appointment, please visit http://www.calminsensehypnotherapy.com/.