|Photo by Sara Fogan|
Every now and then I like (and need) to take a few moments and remind myself about what is really important to me, in my life. If you follow me on my Calminsense Hypnotherapy Facebook page you may have seen some of these quotes before on this page, or will in the future. Many of these Quotes of the Day are beautiful examples and illustrations of the work I do as a hypnotherapist, so I will probably draw on them in future essays.
- “What I am looking for is not out there…It is in me!” – Helen Keller
- “If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair with them, you’re fooling yourself. That’s like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn’t eat him.” – Unknown
- “Life isn’t practice. You have to live now. Today is the only sure thing.” – Bille Baty
- “Men are probably nearer the central truth in their superstitions than in their science.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “You will not be punished for your anger; your anger is the punishment.” – Buddha
- “Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titanic.” – Anonymous
- “The closer you are to being real, genuine and authentic will bring people who are the same closer to you!” – Bruce Van Horn
- “It’s always hard to lose somebody. It leaves a hole in your heart that never grows back.” – Kevin Brooks
- “When you see a good person, think of becoming like him. When you see someone not so good, reflect on your own weak points.” – Confucius
- “Be perfectly willing to be perfectly human.” – Lolly Daskal
Sara R. Fogan, C.Ht. is a certified hypnotherapist based in Southern California. She graduated with honors from the Hypnosis Motivation Institute in 2005. For more information about Calminsense Hypnotherapy® and to set up an appointment, please visit http://www.calminsensehypnotherapy.com/.