|Photo by Sara Fogan|
Every now and then I like (and need) to take a few moments and remind myself about what is really important to me, in my life. If you follow me on my Calminsense Hypnotherapy Facebook page you may have seen some of these quotes before on this page, or will in the future. Many of these Quotes of the Day are beautiful examples and illustrations of the work I do as a hypnotherapist, so I will probably draw on them in future essays.
- “Pull a string and it’ll follow wherever you wish. Push it and it’ll go nowhere at all.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.” – Robert G. Ingersoll
- “Pay no attention to what the critics say; no statue has ever been erected to a critic.” – Jean Sibelius
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. It’s about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “The more layers of lies and limiting beliefs you remove, the more truth and empowerment emerges into your life.” – Bruce Van Horn
- “The best cure for the body is a quiet mind.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “I’ve learned that mistakes can often be as good a teacher as success.” – Jack Welch “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” – Lolly Daskal
- “The secret is to remove all ideas, all concepts, in order for the truth to have a chance to penetrate, to reveal itself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” – Albert Einstein
- “There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.” – Stieg Larsson
Sara R. Fogan, C.Ht. is a certified hypnotherapist based in Southern California. She graduated with honors from the Hypnosis Motivation Institute in 2005. For more information about Calminsense Hypnotherapy® and to set up an appointment, please visit http://www.calminsensehypnotherapy.com/.