|Photo by Sara Fogan|
Every now and then I like (and need) to take a few moments and remind myself about what is really important to me, in my life. If you follow me on my Calminsense Hypnotherapy Facebook page you may have seen some of these quotes before on this page, or will in the future. Many of these Quotes of the Day are beautiful examples and illustrations of the work I do as a hypnotherapist, so I will probably draw on them in future essays.
- “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” – R. Buckminster Fuller
- “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” – Albert Einstein
- “Tis a great confidence in a friend to tell him your faults; greater to tell him his.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Don’t try to figure out what other people want to hear from you. Figure out what you have to say.” – Barbara Kingsolver
- “Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we’re supposed to be and embracing who we are.” – Brené Brown
- “Oh yes. The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.” – Rafiki, The Lion King
- “Honesty without compassion and understanding is not honest, but subtle hostility.” – Rose N. Frarnzblau
- “Every complaint is a little story the mind makes up that you completely believe in.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Never allow someone else’s doubt to become your reality.” – Bruce Van Horn
- “Focus on things you can do something about.” – Lolly Daskal
Sara R. Fogan, C.Ht. is a certified hypnotherapist based in Southern California. She graduated with honors from the Hypnosis Motivation Institute in 2005. For more information about Calminsense Hypnotherapy® and to set up an appointment, please visit http://www.calminsensehypnotherapy.com/.