|Photo by Sara Fogan|
Every now and then I like (and need) to take a few moments and remind myself about what is really important to me, in my life. If you follow me on my Calminsense Hypnotherapy Facebook page you may have seen some of these quotes before on this page, or will in the future. Many of these Quotes of the Day are beautiful examples and illustrations of the work I do as a hypnotherapist, so I will probably draw on them in future essays.
- “Successful people make the most of the best and the best of the worst.” – Steve Keating
- “Before enlightenment I chop wood and carried water, after enlightenment I chopped wood and carried water.” – Zen saying
- “There is a big difference between being centered and being self-centered.” – Lolly Daskal
- “One finds limits by pushing them.” – Herbert Simon
- “The discipline of writing something down is the first step toward making it happen.” – Lee Iacocca
- “The secret to life is living. Setbacks happen in life, but don't let that stop you from living.” – Bruce Van Horn
- “You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “In the absence of a great dream, pettiness prevails.” – Peter M. Senge
- “Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.” – Chinese Proverb
- “Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu
Sara R. Fogan, C.Ht. is a certified hypnotherapist based in Southern California. She graduated with honors from the Hypnosis Motivation Institute in 2005. For more information about Calminsense Hypnotherapy® and to set up an appointment, please visit http://www.calminsensehypnotherapy.com/.